Are you interested in earning some extra cash online? Swagbucks is a website and mobile app where you can complete tasks, such as filling out surveys, completing offers, searching the web, and more, to earn some extra money.
In this Swagbucks review, I’ll talk about the different ways that you can earn money on this platform so that you can determine if the time you’ll spend completing offers will be worth the money you can earn in return. You won’t make a ton of money on Swagbucks, but you may earn enough to pay for a few of your subscriptions, cover some of your transportation money, or buy yourself some coffee when you’re out and about each day.
Let’s jump right in.
What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an online platform that allows its users to complete offers and other tasks in order to earn SB. SB can then be converted into cash or gift cards. There is a wide variety of ways to earn SB, making Swagbucks a great platform for earning money on the side.
Even better, there’s a relatively low payout threshold, meaning you can earn points and get paid out relatively quickly.
Swagbucks is an easy-to-use platform and can be accessed from their website or their app. You can play games, fill out surveys, get cashback on products and services, and shop online to earn SB.
Drawbacks to Swagbucks are that SB earnings are relatively small compared to how much time you’ll put into earning them. Oftentimes, you won’t qualify for many surveys, and for some people, it can take a while to get paid.
Is Swagbucks Legit?
Swagbucks is indeed a legitimate company and does follow through on paying its users’ money and gift cards. Swagbuck’s parent company, Prodege, LLC, has an A- rating at the BBB as of April 2021.
There are just over a thousand complaints against the company, however, all of them have been answered and resolved. Additionally, over 1200 reviews on the BBB site give Prodege, LLC an average rating of 4.11/5 stars.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
Earning SB on Swagbucks is fairly simple.
The first thing you’ll want to do is to sign up for a free Swagbucks account. Once you’ve signed up, you can start earning SB right away. SB can be earned in several different ways, including using Swagbucks’ search engine, completing surveys, trying out promotional offers, shopping online, watching videos, and more.
The most common reward tier starts at 300 SB, or $3. You can get all kinds of rewards for 300 SB, including an Amazon gift card, $3 in PayPal cash, a Dunkin Donuts $3 gift card, and more. Reward tiers go up to 10,000 SB and higher, or $100 and up.
Is Swagbucks Worth It?
Determining if Swagbucks is worth it to you will come down to how and when you use the platform. When it comes to earning power per minute spent on a survey, you’re likely to earn $1 per 10 minute survey, or about $6 per hour. However, since you’ll also be spending time finding a survey to qualify for and possibly going through several surveys that you don’t qualify for, your earnings potential decreases dramatically.
Certain free offers are more worth your time, as they will ask you to sign up for an app and hand over some form of personal information. If you don’t mind sharing personal information with these apps, then these offers may be more worth your time. Some apps may pay 1000+ SB for only 5-10 minutes of your time, but these offers are less frequent, and you may only find a few each week.
Where Swagbucks may really become worth it is the cashback offers from shopping online. While spending money just to save money doesn’t make sense, if you’re already going to spend money on something that Swagbucks offers a rebate on, then this may be a decent way to earn some free money, especially if your credit card already offers some cashback on top of it.
Swagbucks also becomes worth it when you’re sitting around waiting on something, such as sitting at the doctor’s office waiting for your appointment, watching TV, or even if you have a day job with a lot of downtime. Grabbing a couple of extra dollars per hour could give you some much-needed snack or coffee money. That’s one way of looking at it.
How Much Can You Make on Swagbucks?
According to Swagbucks’ blog, it’s not uncommon for members to make an extra $1,000 per year on the platform. Assuming you can earn an average of $3 per day, you’ll have earned $1,095 per year, which isn’t anything to scoff at.
Realistically speaking, it may take a couple of hours a day to earn $3, depending on what’s available that day. Some days you may fill out surveys, and other days you may have offers worth more. On days where you use Swagbucks for rebates, you may add to your earnings.
How Many Swagbucks is a Dollar?
There are 100 SB to one dollar. That said, Swagbucks often has discounts on some of their rewards, and you may end up getting slightly more money per SB when you do the conversion, depending on what reward you select.
Can You Get Real Money From Swagbucks?
Yes, you can get real money from Swagbucks. Swagbucks allows you to cash SB out for real money using PayPal. You must use a PayPal account with the same email address as your Swagbucks account in order to redeem.
How to Make Money on Swagbucks
There are many ways to earn money, or SB, on Swagbucks. The platform is divided into various SB-earning sections, including Answer, Shop, Discover, Rewards, and More.
Let’s cover what you can do in each section of the platform to earn SB and, in turn, money.
In the Swagbucks Answer section, you’ll be offered surveys to fill out. Among the offered surveys will occasionally be featured surveys. Additionally, sometimes Swagbucks will offer you a 50% bonus to all SB earned when filling out surveys.
Surveys are presented showing how long it’s expected they’ll take to fill out, along with the SB payout amount and their survey ID.
You can also fill out the daily poll, which is another way of earning SB each day.
The Shop section of Swagbucks is divided into the following subsections:
- Shop Home: In this section, you can earn cashback shopping at various retailers, including the Gap, Banana Republic, Walmart, HP, Sam’s Club, Amazon, The Home Depot, and many more. You can also earn cash back on specific items from grocery stores when you scan your receipts.
- In-Store Deals: In the in-store deals section, you can earn SB by scanning your grocery or fast food receipts. Typical items you can earn SB on include eggs, bread, milk, Bleach, specific toothpaste brands, deodorant, and much more.
- Travel: In the travel section of Shop, you can earn SB for spending money at various hotels and travel sites. Cash Back SB ranges from 1% to 4% and up, depending on where you shop.
- Grocery Coupons: If you frequently coupon clip, using the grocery coupons provided on Swagbucks Shop will help you save money. You will earn 25 SB for each coupon redeemed as well as an additional 1 SB simply for printing each coupon. This is on top of how much you save by actually using the coupon to buy what it’s meant for.
- In-Store Cash Back: This works similar to In-Store Deals, however, stores found in this section are retail-related versus grocery. You’ll find many stores here that you can earn SB by using your credit card.
- Dining Deals: In the Dining Deals section, you’ll find restaurants in your area where you can earn SB for eating there. You can search the map of any area you’d like and locate a restaurant worth eating at, earning SB in the process.
In the Swagbucks Discover section, you’ll earn SB for participating in various offers, such as signing up for a free or paid service. These offers often pay quite a bit of SB, usually 3,000 SB and above. Some offers can be even as high as 10,000 SB or more.
- Discover Home: The Discover Home section lists featured offers as mentioned above. One such offer that has appeared in this area of Swagbucks was Walmart+, which was worth 5000 SB.
- In-Store Deals: Similar to Shop, the Discover section also has an in-store deals section with many grocery and fast food products in which you can receive a SB rebate for when you scan your receipt.
- Games: In the Games section of Discover, you can download mobile games and earn SB for playing them. Many of these games are completely free but have requirements to unlock the SB reward. Games pay as little as 400 SB to as high as 5000 SB and more.
- Sign-Up: The Sign-Up section has deals that you can sign up for and get a one-time SB reward for doing so. Some of these deals have a cost, while others will require some type of personal information, such as linking a bank account to an app. These deals can pay upwards of 12,500 SB or more.
- Charity: Swagbucks will pay you, in the form of SB, for donating to one of several charities.
The Rewards section has several ways you can redeem your SB for money or gift cards.
- Rewards Home: In this section, you can redeem your SB for cash or gift cards. There are many places you can earn a gift card for. Some include Bath & Body Works, The Home Depot, Dominos, Google Play, Amazon, a Visa Gift Card, and cash via PayPal. Sometimes, these rewards will be on sale, meaning you’ll earn a better conversion than 100 SB per $1.
- Swagstakes: If you like sweepstakes, then look no forward than Swagstakes. Here, you can buy tickets with SB to earn rewards, including gift cards, products like a Keurig or Instant Pot, more SB, and other items. Tickets are as low as 7 to 10 SB, however, your odds of winning are often less than 0.1% per ticket bought.
- Donations: In this donations section, you can donate your SB to several charities. Unlike in the Charity section from Discover, instead of being paid SB to donate money, you’re donating your SB to these charities.
More Ways to Earn SB
Here are some more ways that you can earn SB on the Swagbucks platform
- Watch: Under this section, you can watch videos to earn SB, though you’ll likely only earn 1-2 SB per video.
- Play: Here, you will earn SB for spending cash on popular games. You can also earn SB for trying out mobile games, similar to the Games section in Discover.
- SwagButton: With the SwagButton, you can earn SB all over the internet when you visit a website that has a special offer. This browser extension is free to use and will help you earn more Swagbucks.
- Refer and Earn: When you refer someone to open a free Swagbucks account, you’ll get a 300 SB bonus when your referral earns 300 SB within their first 30 days. On top of this, you’ll also earn 10% of their SB earnings for the life of their account.
Alternatives to Swagbucks
Swagbucks can be used alongside other similar sites, or other similar sites can be used instead. Here are some top alternatives:
- Survey Junkie: Survey Junkie is strictly a survey site with no other offers, however, it is simple to use, and you can earn some extra cash. Check out this Survey Junkie review for more information.
- Ibotta: Ibotta is a rebates app, similar to the rebates areas of Swagbucks. With Ibotta, you can save money by shopping online at grocery stores or retailers and by scanning your receipts.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars is another survey site where you can earn money for filling out surveys.
Wrapping It Up
Over the years, Swagbucks has expanded its platform to increase the earning potential of its users. What used to simply be a survey site has become a full-fledged offer platform with many ways to earn.
Sign up for a free Swagbucks account and get started earning rewards today!